How to Make Smoked Paprika-Homemade
- 1In a large mixing bowl slowly whisk together the paprika and liquid smoke.
- 2When totally incorporated-NO lumps-spread out on a foil lined cookie sheet to dry overnight.
- 4Line a deep sided metal pan with foil and when your done grilling (whatever your grilling) place pan in grill on top grates for about 2 hours, letting the coals die-this is what I did and wow-amazing smell! I used a whisk to stir every 20-30 minutes.
- 5When completely dry/cool place in food processor-small batches and pulse to remove any small clumps.
- 6Pour back into your Paprika bottle, use at will.
- 724 hour "cooking time" is the max dry time you will need-depending on the humidity in your house.