Roasted red pepper alfredo
I adore alfredo sauces and am always looking to add something new other then the usual, chicken, mushrooms or with nothing added. With this being said I have come up with something, I hope, new. Well, at least it is for me..and I hope for you as well.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes
- roasted red pepper
- red onion (or if you prefer, yellow)
- 1 pt
- 1/2 & 1/2
- 1 pt
- whipping cream
- 1 pinch
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1-2 c
- freshly grated parmesan or asiago
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Roasted red pepper alfredo
- 1Ok, here it goes. If you are overly ambitious and have the time, go ahead and roast your own peppers. I, however, have chosen to travel the quick route and got the roasted red peppers in a glass jar. So, take out (or roast) what you need and dice into smaller pieces. I like the pieces to be a bit on the larger size, but that is totally whatever you prefer.
- 2Next, slowly cook the onion in a bit of olive oil until they caramelize. While the onions are doing their thing, go ahead and grate the Parmesan, or Asiago..mmmh also very yummy!
To it add the 1/2 & 1/2 and Whipping cream.
Next add the Parmesan, or Asiago, (or why not try both in the same Alfredo?) in small portions. I do not usually measure any of the ingredients; I just add the cheese until I get the desired consistency.
- 3Next add the pinch of nutmeg, salt/pepper to taste.
As the last step add the roasted red pepper...and, voila!! Ever oh so yummy and so very simple.
Serve over Fettuccine and make a tossed salad with it.