Harvest Tomato Sauce
I got this from a local gardening centre. Based on the tomatoes rapidly ripening in my yard I'll be making multiple batches. :)
The cooking time is lengthy but pretty much just simmers with some stirring now and then. Freezes well!
- tomatoes. roma is best but use any that you have growing'
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 8 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 1/2 c
- fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1/2 c
- red wine
- bay leaves
- 4 Tbsp
- tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Harvest Tomato Sauce
- 1Skin, seed and chop tomatoes
- 2Heat oil in a large pot. Saute the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- 3Add the tomatoes, basil, Italian seasoning, wine and Bay leaves. Season with S&P. Let the sauce come to a boil . Reduce heat and simmer for 2 - 3 hours stirring occasionally.
- 4Adjust seasonings as needed and stir in Tomato paste. Simmer another 2 - 3 hours until desired thickness is achieved stirring occasionally.
Let cool before freezing and use within 6 months