Grandma's Chili Sauce
How to Make Grandma's Chili Sauce
- 1Scald tomatoes in boiling water for 3 minutes; cool in cold water.
- 2Core, peel, and finely chop tomatoes. Finely chop
onions, green peppers and celery and place all in very large pot.
- 3Add vinegar, sugar and remaining ingredients to tomato mixture in pot and bring to boil.
- 4Cook until cooked through and all vegetables are soft, approximately 30 minutes.
- 5While vegetables are cooking, prepare water bath canning, bringing enough water to boil to cover pint jars with 1-2 inches of water.
- 6Fill pint canning jars to within 1/2 inch of top, place lids and screw tops onto jars and place in water bath canner.
- 7Process 40 minutes.