Grandma's Chili Sauce
3 mediumgreen peppers
How to Make Grandma's Chili Sauce
- Scald tomatoes in boiling water for 3 minutes; cool in cold water.
- Core, peel, and finely chop tomatoes. Finely chop
onions, green peppers and celery and place all in very large pot.
- Add vinegar, sugar and remaining ingredients to tomato mixture in pot and bring to boil.
- Cook until cooked through and all vegetables are soft, approximately 30 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare water bath canning, bringing enough water to boil to cover pint jars with 1-2 inches of water.
- Fill pint canning jars to within 1/2 inch of top, place lids and screw tops onto jars and place in water bath canner.
- Process 40 minutes.