Creamy Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- cream cheese
- 1 pt
- heavy cream
- 1 tsp
- granulated garlic, up to 2 teaspoons
- 2/3 c
- freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- salt to taste
How to Make Creamy Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 1In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat-do not brown it or burn it.
- 2Add cream cheese whisking until melted and smooth.
- 3Whisk in the heavy cream.
- 4Whisk in the 1 teaspoon granulated garlic and black pepper.
- 5Reduce heat to medium low, you want it to simmer gently, stirring often until sauce thickens, around 25 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat, stir in cheese.
- 7Now taste. Add salt if needed. I usually add more pepper and granulated garlic.