Tropical Fusion Rhubarb Jam
6 cupsfinely chopped rhubarb
4 cupsgranulated sugar
1 (8 oz.)can crushed pineapple, undrained
1/2 cupchopped maraschino cherries
2 (3 oz.)boxes tropical fusion jell-o gelatin
How to Make Tropical Fusion Rhubarb Jam
- In a large bowl, add the rhubarb and sugar; stir to coat evenly.
- Cover the bowl, and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, place the rhubarb mixture in a large kettle.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then lower the heat just a bit, and gently boil for 15 minutes (stirring constantly).
- Add the (undrained) crushed pineapple, and the chopped maraschino cherries; cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn off the stove, and add the dry gelatin powder; mix well.
- Transfer the jam to the sterilized glass jars; and cover the jars with the lids.
- Cool the jam to room temperature, before storing it in the refrigerator or freezer.