Tropical Fusion Rhubarb Jam
- 6 cups
- finely chopped rhubarb
- 4 cups
- granulated sugar
- 1 (8 oz.)
- can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup
- chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 (3 oz.)
- boxes tropical fusion jell-o gelatin
How to Make Tropical Fusion Rhubarb Jam
- 1In a large bowl, add the rhubarb and sugar; stir to coat evenly.
- 2Cover the bowl, and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- 3The next morning, place the rhubarb mixture in a large kettle.
- 4Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then lower the heat just a bit, and gently boil for 15 minutes (stirring constantly).
- 5Add the (undrained) crushed pineapple, and the chopped maraschino cherries; cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- 6Turn off the stove, and add the dry gelatin powder; mix well.
- 7Transfer the jam to the sterilized glass jars; and cover the jars with the lids.
- 8Cool the jam to room temperature, before storing it in the refrigerator or freezer.