- 5 cups
- finely chopped rhubarb
- 4 cups
- granulated sugar
- 16 oz.
- frozen sweetened strawberries, in liquid (thawed)
- 1 (8 oz.)
- can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3 oz.)
- box strawberry jell-o gelatin
- 1 (3 oz.)
- box wild strawberry jell-o gelatin
How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Preserves
- 1In a large bowl, add the rhubarb and sugar; stir to coat evenly.
- 2Cover the bowl, and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- 3The next morning, place the rhubarb mixture and the strawberries, in a large kettle.
- 4Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then lower the heat just a bit, and gently boil for 15 minutes (stirring constantly).
- 5Add the crushed pineapple, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- 6Turn off the stove, add the boxes of dry gelatin powder, and mix well.
- 7Transfer the jam to the sterilized glass jars, and cover the jars with the lids.
- 8Cool the jam to room temperature, before storing it in the refrigerator or freezer.
- 9Note: If using store bought frozen sweetened strawberries, you may want to decrease the amount of sugar to 3-1/2 cups. I however, used strawberries which I prepared myself and had froze them. They're not as sweet as the store bought, so the 4 cups of sugar I added, was the right amount to add to this recipe.
About Strawberry Rhubarb Preserves
Course/Dish: Jams & Jellies
Main Ingredient: Fruit
Regional Style: American
Show 11 Comments & Reviews