Rhubarb Jam With Fruit
- 6 cups
- finely chopped rhubarb
- 4 cups
- granulated sugar
- 1 (8 oz.)
- can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup
- chopped maraschino cherries (l just cut the cherries in half)
- 1 (6 oz.)
- box strawberry gelatin
How to Make Rhubarb Jam With Fruit
- 1In a large bowl, add the rhubarb and sugar; stir to coat evenly.
- 2Cover the bowl, and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- 3The next morning, place the rhubarb mixture in a large kettle, and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- 4Lower the heat just a bit, and gently boil for 15 minutes (stirring constantly).
- 5Add the undrained crushed pineapple, the chopped maraschino cherries, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- 6Turn off the stove, then add the dry gelatin powder to the kettle; mix well.
- 7Transfer the jam to the sterilized glass jars, and cover with the lids.
- 8Cool the jam to room temperature, before storing it in the refrigerator or freezer.