Rhubarb Jam With Fruit
6 cupsfinely chopped rhubarb
4 cupsgranulated sugar
1 (8 oz.)can crushed pineapple, undrained
1/2 cupchopped maraschino cherries (l just cut the cherries in half)
1 (6 oz.)box strawberry gelatin
How to Make Rhubarb Jam With Fruit
- In a large bowl, add the rhubarb and sugar; stir to coat evenly.
- Cover the bowl, and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, place the rhubarb mixture in a large kettle, and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower the heat just a bit, and gently boil for 15 minutes (stirring constantly).
- Add the undrained crushed pineapple, the chopped maraschino cherries, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn off the stove, then add the dry gelatin powder to the kettle; mix well.
- Transfer the jam to the sterilized glass jars, and cover with the lids.
- Cool the jam to room temperature, before storing it in the refrigerator or freezer.