How to Make Rhubarb Cherry Jam
- 1In a large bowl, add the rhubarb and sugar; stir to coat evenly.
- 2Cover the bowl, and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- 3The next morning, place the rhubarb mixture in a large kettle.
- 4Cook over medium heat; stirring constantly, until mixture starts to boil, then lower the heat just a bit, and cook for 12 minutes (stirring constantly).
- 5Remove kettle from heat, and add the gelatin powder, and keep stirring for 1 minute.
- 6Add the can of pie filling, and stir thoroughly until mixed through.
- 7Return the kettle to the stove. Start to cook over medium heat; stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- 8Remove the kettle from the heat, and carefully ladle the jam into the sterilized glass jars.
- 9Cover the jars with the lids, then cool the jam to room temperature, before storing the jam in the refrigerator or freezer.
About Rhubarb Cherry Jam
Show 14 Comments & Reviews