Red Onion Preserves & Brie Panetini
- pieces panetini or toasted baguettes (recipe follows)
- brie cheese
- red onion preserves (recipe follows)
- 1 bag(s)
- nonni's garlic parmesan panetini toast (or use these ingredients to make your own)
- olive oil
- granulated garlic
- grated parmesan
- 1 c
- red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp
- lemon zest
- 3/4 c
- white vinegar
- 3 c
- pouch certo liquid pectin
GARLIC PARMESAN BAGUETTES
RED ONION PRESERVES
How to Make Red Onion Preserves & Brie Panetini
- 1Spread some Brie cheese on each Panetini or seasoned Baguette slice and top with Red Onion Preserves.
- 3GARLIC PARMESAN PANETINI
Garlic Parmesan Panetini
Slice baguettes diagonally about 1/4" thick.
Mix olive oil, granulated garlic and grated Parmesan in a bowl and lightly brush one side of each baguette slice.
Put on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly toasted. Store in Zip-Lock bag.
- 4RED ONION PRESERVES
Zesty Red Onion Preserves
In a large deep stainless steel saucepan combine red onion, lemon zest, and vinegar. Stir in sugar and over high heat, stirring constantly, bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down.
(The jelly comes out a beautiful light rose shade but if you want the deep rich color of a red onion, add drops of blue and red food color until you get the desired color.)
Stir in pectin. Boil hard, continuing to stir, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and quickly skim off any foam.