Razzy Rhubarb Blueberry Jam
This is one of many home-cooked rhubarb jams that I enjoy making. Plus it's such an easy jam to make. I like that I can just cook it, cool it, and store it in the refrigerator or freezer.
- 6 cups
- diced fresh rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups
- frozen blueberries (one 12 oz. pkg.)
- 2 cups
- granulated sugar
- 1 (3 oz.)
- box raspberry flavored gelatin
- (1.5 oz.)
- lemon flavored gelatin (1/2 of one 3 oz. box)
How to Make Razzy Rhubarb Blueberry Jam
- 1In a stock-pot, combine the rhubarb, frozen blueberries, and sugar.
- 2Cook over medium-heat; stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves.
- 3Once the sugar dissolves, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes; stirring every few minutes.
- 4Now add the 3 ounces of raspberry gelatin, and only half of the boxed lemon flavored gelatin, and stir well.
- 5Ladle the jam into sterilized glass jars; only filling within a 1/2-inch to a 3/4-inch to the rim of each jar.
- 6Cover the jars with the lids, and seal each jar tightly. (Just be careful when sealing each jar, as the jam in the jars is 'hot'.)
- 7Place the jars on a dish towel on your kitchen counter, and allow the jam to cool to room temperature, before storing it in the refrigerator or freezer. (This does keep well stored in the freezer.)
About Razzy Rhubarb Blueberry Jam
Show 9 Comments & Reviews