Razzy Rhubarb Blueberry Jam
6 cupsdiced fresh rhubarb
1-1/2 cupsfrozen blueberries (one 12 oz. pkg.)
2 cupsgranulated sugar
1 (3 oz.)box raspberry flavored gelatin
(1.5 oz.)lemon flavored gelatin (1/2 of one 3 oz. box)
How to Make Razzy Rhubarb Blueberry Jam
- In a stock-pot, combine the rhubarb, frozen blueberries, and sugar.
- Cook over medium-heat; stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar dissolves, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes; stirring every few minutes.
- Now add the 3 ounces of raspberry gelatin, and only half of the boxed lemon flavored gelatin, and stir well.
- Ladle the jam into sterilized glass jars; only filling within a 1/2-inch to a 3/4-inch to the rim of each jar.
- Cover the jars with the lids, and seal each jar tightly. (Just be careful when sealing each jar, as the jam in the jars is 'hot'.)
- Place the jars on a dish towel on your kitchen counter, and allow the jam to cool to room temperature, before storing it in the refrigerator or freezer. (This does keep well stored in the freezer.)