How to Make Raccoon Jam
- In a large stainless saucepot pour in berries.
- Turn heat to medium and begin to mash with a potato masher until most of the berries are destroyed.
- Add 1/4 cup white sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- Add the lemon or lime juice plus zest. I think lime is better for this recipe.
- Continue to cook for 15 minutes or until you reach the consistency you want. While cooking take a little taste to see if you need or want more sugar-remember this will also thicken up your jam.
- I like it saucy when warm, a bit gelled when cool.
- Serve warm with biscuits, scones, crumpets or over pancakes.
- Makes "about" 2 cups, depending on consistency, how juicy your berries are..............