- 1 kg
- small fresh carrots (not "baby" carrots)
- 1/2 c
- fresh lime juice
- 1 kg
- white sugar
- 1 pkg
- jam pectin
- 1/2 c
- rose water
How to Make Morabaa Haveej-Carrot Jam Rose Water & Lime Juice
- 1Wash and peel carrots, then grate them. A food processor can be used for this. Place in a large non-stick pot.
- 2Add the grated carrot, lime juice and sugar to the biggest pot you own (you want it to be big enough that the jam only fills up half the pot).
- 3Put over a medium heat and stir continuously until all the sugar has melted. Cover and boil over a medium heat for 30 minutes.
- 4Remove the lid and add the jam pectin. Boil for a further 10 minutes. Add the rose water and boil for a further 5 minutes.
- 5To test whether the jam is ready do the set test. To do this: place a teaspoon full of the jam (preferably not a chunky fruity bit) on a saucer and put in the freezer for about 30-40 seconds. Take it out and run your finger through it. If the jam crinkles then it is ready. If it doesn't then boil the jam for a further 5 minutes and try the test again.
Once you have a successful set test remove the jam from the heat.
- 6Add rose-water and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- 7Wash your empty jars in warm soapy water and rinse well. Put the jam in them and screw the lids on tightly.
- 8Line a big saucepan with tea towels (so the glass jars don't touch the bottom or sides) or use a canner with a rack and add the jars full of jam. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 20 minutes to sterilize.