This recipe is simple to make - all ingredients into one bowl and tastes 100 times better than any you could buy in a supermarket. Whilst it is sweet it still manages to pack a big lemony punch and is a particular favourite of friends and colleagues.
- 11 1/2 oz
- golden caster sugar (superfine in the usa)
- lemons - juiced and finely grated zest
- 4 oz
- butter, unsalted - cut into small pieces
- eggs, lightly beaten
How to Make Lemon Curd
- 1You will need to use a bain marie or a large bowl over a pan of simmering water. The bottom of the bowl should not touch the water.
- 2Put all the ingredients (sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, butter and eggs) into the bowl and using a wooden spoon stir continually until the mixture is thick and coats the back of the spoon.
- 3Pour into sterilised jars and seal. Leave to cool fully before labelling.
This lasts 6 weeks if stored in a cool place. I will add that a friend mentioned the other day she has only just finished a jar I gave her in June. She opened it in June and has stored it in her fridge, between uses since then.