Green Tomato and Jalapeno Jelly
- 4 c
- peeled green tomatoes
- 4 medium
- jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1/4 c
- cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh ginger
- 3 c
- white sugar
- 6 oz
- lemon jello mix (powder)
How to Make Green Tomato and Jalapeno Jelly
- 1Add chopped tomatos, jalapenos, vinegar and ginger to a food processor and pulse until you have a fine grind.
- 2Pour mixture into a saucepan and add the sugar. Stir well with a wooden spoon to combine ingredients.
- 3Bring mixture to a boil (Med/High heat), then reduce to medium and simmer at a low boil for approximately 20 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in the powdered jello mix. (Use a whisk to ensure even mixing)
- 5Pour hot mixture into glass jars of your choice and allow the mixture to cool. (I used three pint ball jars). Place in fridge for at least an hour to allow the mixture to "jelly up".