Green Tomato and Jalapeno Jelly
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 cpeeled green tomatoes
4 mediumjalapeno peppers, seeded
1/4 ccider vinegar
1 Tbspchopped fresh ginger
3 cwhite sugar
6 ozlemon jello mix (powder)
How to Make Green Tomato and Jalapeno Jelly
- Add chopped tomatos, jalapenos, vinegar and ginger to a food processor and pulse until you have a fine grind.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and add the sugar. Stir well with a wooden spoon to combine ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil (Med/High heat), then reduce to medium and simmer at a low boil for approximately 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in the powdered jello mix. (Use a whisk to ensure even mixing)
- Pour hot mixture into glass jars of your choice and allow the mixture to cool. (I used three pint ball jars). Place in fridge for at least an hour to allow the mixture to "jelly up".