Fig Preserves (Jelly) Strawberry,Grape,Peach
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 cups mashed figs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 large box strawberry or rasberry jello
- or 2 small boxes if large isn't available
How to Make Fig Preserves (Jelly) Strawberry,Grape,Peach
- 1Prepare your jars...wash figs and cut off stems. Mash with potato masher or put in food processor is what I did.
- 2Put figs in cooking pot,and add 3 cups of sugar and 1 box of large jello of your choice (strawberry). Stir and cook on medium heat until boiling,constantly stirring.A foam will form but will dissipate.
- 3Takes about 15-20 min..will turn a deep shade of red and will coat the spoon. As quickly as you can fill your jars and screw down tightly. Immerse jars into boiling water bath making sure the jars are covered,boil for 10-15 min.
- 4Remove from water and let cool. Approximately 4-6 small jelly jars (8oz jars)