Blueberry and Vanila Jam
★★★★★ 1 vote5
800 gfresh or frozen blueberries
1 kg(1000 grams) jam sugar
1 tspvanilla extract please dont use essence its no where near as good
1 pinchsea salt
How to Make Blueberry and Vanila Jam
- Put all the ingredients into a heavy based pan, heat gently, and stir continuously until all the sugar has dissolved. You can crush up some of the fruit if you wish, i just happen to like to keep some of the berries intact.
- Keep stirring and bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Test for setting point, by taking ateaspoon of the mixture and put it on a saucer that has been in the freezer, wait a few seconds and if it wrinkles up when you push it with your finger and a line stays put its ready.
- Ladle the jam into your sterilized jars, placing a waxed paper circle on the top before tightening the lids.
- I always think it looks nicer, if when your jam is cool you place a circle of fabric on the top secured with either an elastic band or string and a lable showing the content and date.
- This recipe also works really well with strawberries, raspberries, peaches or even cherries, have fun and experiment!!