Apricot & Pear Jam ( and bonus honey )
3 lbfresh firm pears.. peeled, cored and chopped
2lemons.. juice and zest from
2 1/2 cwater
2 1/2 csoft dried apricots
4 cwhite granulated sugar, warmed
How to Make Apricot & Pear Jam ( and bonus honey )
- I use a maslin pan..Place your pears in the pan and cover with the lemon juice, zest, and water. Chop your apricots and add to the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, and then simmer until the pears are soft which is about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add your warmed sugar stirring well, until your sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat at this point and boil rapidly for 20-30 minutes until you reach setting point.
- Remove from heat, and skim off any surface scum. Leave to sit about 10 minutes, then ladle into warmed sterilized jars. Allow to cool.
- Make sure your jar rims are clean. Apply heated new lids and then your bands, making sure the bands are slightly more than finger tight and secure. I've also heard of using the wax paper rounds and screw on lids or cellophane lids, though I have not used them myself. Store in a cool dry place ! YUMMMMY!