This can also be served as a hot seafood dip, just cut the pieces smaller
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 8 Tbsp
- butter (do not substitute margerine!!)
- 8 Tbsp
- 4 c
- 8 oz
- cojack cheese
- 12 oz
- imitation crab flakes (for super seafood fans you can add more)
- 3 oz
- fresh baby spinach
- 1 bag(s)
- medium cooked shrimp or bay scallops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box
- pepperidge farms puff pastry shells
How to Make Seafood Fantastique
- 1If using scallops, sautee in frying pan in small amount of butter until cooked through
For shrimp, remove tails and rinse. Drain well.
Prepare pastry shells according to directions. Keep warm until ready to serve
- 2Grate cheese
Wash and remove long end stems from spinach
Slice imitation crab into smaller flakes
- 3Measure flour into small bowl and set aside. If you have a 4 cup measuring cup, measure milk as well
- 4Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat, being careful not to burn. Add flour to make a "paste"
- 5Add milk and stir with a wire whisk, being sure to get all of the paste off the bottom.
Continue whisking until sauce is nicely thick.
- 6Add spinach to sauce, stir with a spoon until spinach has wilted.
Add remaining ingredients, stir over low heat until cheese is completely melted
- 7Salt and pepper to taste.
Remove shell tops and fill with gravy, garnish with shell top
Can also be served over biscuits, croissants,even toast.