Low Country Gravy
This gravy is great on biscuits, grits and mashed potatoes. I like it on hash browns too!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 slicegood bacon, chopped into small pieces
4 1/2 tspflour
2 cheavy cream
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
1 tspminced fresh sage
1/2 tspsea salt
1/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper
How to Make Low Country Gravy
- In a thick bottomed saucepan, brown the bacon on high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Reduce the heat and add the flour, stirring constantly for 4 minutes, making a roux.
- Add the cream, pepper, cayenne, sage and salt.
- Continue cooking over medium to low heat for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.