Low Country Gravy
This gravy is great on biscuits, grits and mashed potatoes. I like it on hash browns too!
- 2 slice
- good bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 4 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp
- minced fresh sage
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Low Country Gravy
- 1In a thick bottomed saucepan, brown the bacon on high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- 2Reduce the heat and add the flour, stirring constantly for 4 minutes, making a roux.
- 3Add the cream, pepper, cayenne, sage and salt.
- 4Continue cooking over medium to low heat for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until thick and creamy.
- 5Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.