Chicken Fried Venison
2 lbveniosn tenderloin, quartered and pounded out flat
13 ozevaporated milk
1 Tbspgarlic powder
1 Tbsponion powder
1 tspeach salt and white pepper
How to Make Chicken Fried Venison
- Put the meat in a large bowl with evaporated milk and enough water to cover and let stand for 1 hour. DO NOT REFRIGERATE.
- place flower, salt, white pepper, garlic powder and onion powder in a shallow baking dish and blend well.
- Preheat grease (lard or Crisco) in a large cast iron skillet to 375 degrees. 1 to 1 1/2 inches will do nicely.
- Dredge the meat in the flour mixture and fry in the grease until golden brown. Do not overcook or the meat will get dry and tough.
- Make a pan gravy with some of the grease from frying, the leftover flour, and the leftover milk.