Cheffy saffron sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- mascarpone (or double cream)
- stems of saffron to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- white wine or champagne
- salt to taste
- pepper (mill) to taste
- fresh thyme to taste
- small spring onion or less
- 1 Tbsp
- stock (for runnier gravy sauce)
How to Make Cheffy saffron sauce
- 1Slice or chop the mushrooms. Finely chop the half spring onion if you use it.
- 2Put a little extra virgin olive oil in a small pan on medium heat.
- 3Fry the mushrooms until almost ready to eat to your taste (3 minutes for me). Add the spring onion if used.
- 4Add the wine (and the stock if you use it). Turn heat to low.
- 5Add the mascarpone, saffron, salt, pepper and fresh thyme. Stir until combined. Let it infuse on low heat for about 3-5 minutes for maximum effect. Decorate with some thyme leaves or shredded basil.