Cheffy saffron sauce
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspmascarpone (or double cream)
5-10stems of saffron to taste
2 Tbspwhite wine or champagne
·salt to taste
·pepper (mill) to taste
·fresh thyme to taste
1/2small spring onion or less
1 Tbspstock (for runnier gravy sauce)
How to Make Cheffy saffron sauce
- Slice or chop the mushrooms. Finely chop the half spring onion if you use it.
- Put a little extra virgin olive oil in a small pan on medium heat.
- Fry the mushrooms until almost ready to eat to your taste (3 minutes for me). Add the spring onion if used.
- Add the wine (and the stock if you use it). Turn heat to low.
- Add the mascarpone, saffron, salt, pepper and fresh thyme. Stir until combined. Let it infuse on low heat for about 3-5 minutes for maximum effect. Decorate with some thyme leaves or shredded basil.