Pam's Awesome Apricot Rum Glaze for Ham
- 15 oz
- apricot preserves (for alternative, see note below)
- 1/2 to 3/4 c
- dark rum (i like myers)
- 2-3 Tbsp
- coarse ground dijon mustard (grey poupon with whole mustard seeds)
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 2 tsp
- soy sauce, dark
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil (something with no dominant taste)
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice, fresh (optional)
- 1/8 tsp
- salt (optonal)
NOTE: IF YOU CAN'T FIND GOOD APRICOT PRESERVE WITH PIECES OF APRICOT IN IT, USE APRICOT JAM AND COOK/SOFTEN ABOUT 8-10 DRIED APRICOTS IN WATER TO COVER AND THEN WHIZ WITH A STICK BLENDER OR CHOP FINE.
How to Make Pam's Awesome Apricot Rum Glaze for Ham
- 1Place all ingredients into a deep bowl or large measuring cup and blend with a stick blender. Adjust to taste and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 2When ready to use, heat slightly to make glaze pourable for ease of coverage of the ham during the last 30-45 minutes of heating. Brush or pour glaze over ham 2-3 times to develop a nice crusty exterior. Save some to pass at the table for guests who want more sauce.