Amaretto Custard Sauce
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Anne Lindsay's Light Kitchen.
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 2 tsp
- 1 c
- milk, 2%
- egg yolk, whisked
- 2 Tbsp
- amaretto or coffee liqueur
How to Make Amaretto Custard Sauce
- 1In small nonaluminum saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in milk.
- 2Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- 3Whisk about half of the hot mixture into yolk; whisk back into hot milk mixture.
- 4Cook, stirring, over low heat for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in amaretto. Let cool.
- 6Almond Custard Sauce:
Prepare Amaretto Custard Sauce, substituting 1 tsp almond extract for the amaretto.
- 7Makes 1 1/4 cup.