Amaretto Custard Sauce
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Anne Lindsay's Light Kitchen.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspgranulated sugar
1 cmilk, 2%
1egg yolk, whisked
2 Tbspamaretto or coffee liqueur
How to Make Amaretto Custard Sauce
- In small nonaluminum saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in milk.
- Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Whisk about half of the hot mixture into yolk; whisk back into hot milk mixture.
- Cook, stirring, over low heat for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in amaretto. Let cool.
- Almond Custard Sauce:
Prepare Amaretto Custard Sauce, substituting 1 tsp almond extract for the amaretto.
- Makes 1 1/4 cup.