- wedge preserved lemon, seeds removed and rinsed under cold water (approximately 1/4 wedge)
- 1/2 c
- whole milk plain yogurt (i do not recommend reduced fat yogurt)
- 5-6 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- white pepper, to taste
- 2-4 Tbsp
- half and half, for thinning (you can use whole milk or heavy cream if desired)
How to Make Salad Dressing w/Preserved Lemon & Greek Yogurt
- 1Slice the preserved lemon wedge into smaller pieces (rind and all). Add it and the remaining dressing ingredients to a non-reactive prep bowl or glass measuring cup.
- 2Blend using an immersion blender or mini food processor. Taste and adjust; correct flavor if necessary. If the dressing is too thick, thin with some half and half.
- 3Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. The salad dressing tastes best if it has had a chance to rest for at least 1 hour but preferably 3 or more hours. After having refrigerated the dressing for most of the day, I tasted it just before serving and adjusted the flavor by adding about 1/2 teaspoon additional sugar.
- 4The dressing was tested on a simple salad of: mixed greens, tomatoes, raw purple asparagus, green cabbage, few sliced raw mushrooms, little bit of fresh mint, cucumbers and carrot shavings. We also tried it as a sauce for freshly steamed vegetables and as a topping for Palestinian musakhan.