Prawn Cocktails with Smoky Mayonnaise
The combination of the prawns with the avocado, and the salad underneath, topped with the smoky mayonnaise is to die for.
Layer it all in a cocktail glass and you have a beautiful appetizer for any party or holiday dinner.
- 1 1/2 tsp
- smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp
- smoked or regular sea salt
- ripe avocados, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- head of iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- peeled cooked prawns (about 2lbs)
- 3 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium
- cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeds removed. and finely chopped
- green onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 1/4 c
- hellmanns mayonnaise
How to Make Prawn Cocktails with Smoky Mayonnaise
- 1Combine the lemon juice, smoked paprika, mayonnaise, and 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked salt in a bowl. Cover and chill until serving.
- 2Season prawns with the some salt and some pepper, then set aside.
- 3Toss avocado with olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- 4Divide the iceberg lettuce among 8 serving glasses.
- 5Top with cucumber, avocado and most of the spring onion.
- 6Put the prawns on top and finish with a big dollop of the smoky mayonnaise.
- 7Sprinkle prawns with remaining onion and some smoked paprika and serve.
- 8Great for salad or appetizer.