Prawn Cocktails with Smoky Mayonnaise
The combination of the prawns with the avocado, and the salad underneath, topped with the smoky mayonnaise is to die for.
Layer it all in a cocktail glass and you have a beautiful appetizer for any party or holiday dinner.
1 1/2 tspsmoked paprika
1 1/2 tspsmoked or regular sea salt
2ripe avocados, cut into 1cm pieces
2 Tbspolive oil
1/3head of iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
32peeled cooked prawns (about 2lbs)
3 tspfresh lemon juice
2 mediumcucumbers, peeled, halved, seeds removed. and finely chopped
6green onions, thinly sliced on an angle
1 1/4 chellmanns mayonnaise
How to Make Prawn Cocktails with Smoky Mayonnaise
- Combine the lemon juice, smoked paprika, mayonnaise, and 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked salt in a bowl. Cover and chill until serving.
- Season prawns with the some salt and some pepper, then set aside.
- Toss avocado with olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Divide the iceberg lettuce among 8 serving glasses.
- Top with cucumber, avocado and most of the spring onion.
- Put the prawns on top and finish with a big dollop of the smoky mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle prawns with remaining onion and some smoked paprika and serve.
- Great for salad or appetizer.