Nonie's Blue Cheese Dressing or Dip
How to Make Nonie's Blue Cheese Dressing or Dip
- First Pour the buttermilk in a blender (if more than a cup you are pouring from, shake it up first)
- Add the entire quart of Best Foods mayonaise
- Peel and add all of the garlic on top of the mayo. If you like some garlic, only 5 cloves. If you like a lot of garlic 9 or more cloves.
- Add all of the blue cheese. I love lots of it, I have never made it with less than 6 ounces, and usually add more. This was always made with Roquefort when I was growing up, Roquefort cheese is a kind of blue cheese which comes from the south of France. It is made from sheep's milk.
- Lastly, add the lemon juice
- Blend until all incorporated. I always just remove the mayo label and pour back into the quart jar and find another container for the remaining cup. Refrigerate. It is best after a day, and lasts quite a while. It is addicting- watch out.