Homemade Blender Mayonaise
1 1/4 cups. You can always have fresh on hand. This recipe uses whole eggs, so it's a little lighter than classic mayonnaise that uses only just the yolks.
I extracted this recipe from my Cooking Club Magazine and made it tonight. It is really good.
- eggs, pasteurized
- 1 1/2-2 Tbsp
- lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 c
- canola oil or extra-virgin olive oil
How to Make Homemade Blender Mayonaise
- 1Blend eggs. 1 1/2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, salt, and pepper in blender 30 seconds or until frothy and well-blended.
- 2With machine running, slowly pour in oil in a very thin stream (this will take 2 or 3 minutes).
Egg mixture will begin to thicken after half of the oil has been absorbed. Stir in remaining 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice for more lemon flavor, if desired. Refrigerate, tightly covered, up to 7 days.
- 3*Tip: For a thicker mayonnaise, slowly add up to 1/4 cup additional oil.
- 4SUCCESS TIPS:
*The secret to perfect mayonnaise is adding the oil slowly. If the oil is added too quickly, the mixture will break or curdle.
*To fix curdled mayonnaise, add a new pasteurized egg to a clean blender container. With the blender running, slowly add the curdled mayonnaise mixture into the egg.
*When using the mayonnaise in mildly flavored dishes, prepare it with a light-tasting oil like canola.
*For a more robust flavor, use extra-virgin olive oil. Or, use a combination of canola and extra-virgin.
*Flavor the mayonnaise by adding minced garlic, chopped fresh herbs, orange or lime juice in place of the lemon juice, or curry or mustard to taste.