Simple Authentic Guacamole
Note - Muddling (crushing) the red onions and Cilantro at the beginning is the secret to adding some great depth of flavor!
1 Tbspred onion, diced
1 Tbspfresh cilantro, diced fine
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
3 clovegarlic - diced
1 tspkosher salt or more to taste
1/4 cfresh lime juice
1/4 cchopped tomatoes
1/2jalapeno, seeded (optional)
How to Make Simple Authentic Guacamole
- Remove seeds from Avocado - an easy way to do this after 'twisting off' the first half is to strike the seed with the sharp edge of a large kitchen knife, then twist the seed (and knife) and avocado in opposite directions.
- Muddle the red onions and cilantro to release the juices and flavors
- Add avocados and mash with a fork (or mortar and pestle) to preferred consistency
- mix in salt, oil, lime juice,garlic, and tomatoes, adjust to taste.
- Add Diced and seeded Jalapeno for an extra kick!