Lemon-Basil Artichoke Bean Dip & Basil Pita Chips
Now, we’re getting real fancy today: we’re making our own pita chips. No, don’t be deceived. Homemade pita chips are easy-peasy, and you can make ‘em in about 10 minutes.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
FOR THE CHIPS
1 pkgjoseph’s flax oat bran & whole wheat pita bread (6 loaves) or whole wheat pita bread (6 loaves)
1 Tbspolive oil
2 tspgarlic powder
2 tspfinely chopped fresh basil
FOR THE DIP
2 ozfresh basil
1 smallyellow onion
2 tspminced garlic
114-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
216-oz. cans white beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/2 cshredded asiago cheese
How to Make Lemon-Basil Artichoke Bean Dip & Basil Pita Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Slice pita bread into triangular wedges.
- Spread out in an even layer on baking sheet and brush with olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Keep an eye on them; they go from perfect to burnt very quickly.
- For the dip:
Place the basil, onion, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add artichoke hearts and beans and puree until it smooth's out.
- Pulse in lemon juice until smooth
- Add salt, pepper, and cheese, and puree for 1 minute.
- Serve with pita chips and store leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container.