Ginger Marinated Seared Sashimi
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Cooking From the Heart with Sam Choy.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbyellowfin tuna, cut into 2x2-inch blocks of any length (sashimi grade)
2 tspfresh ginger
1 Tbspbrown sugar
1/2 tspsesame oil
2hawaiian hot chili peppers, finely minced
1/4 cfresh ginger root
1/2 cchinese parsley, chopped
1/4 cscallions, minced
2 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 clight salad oil
How to Make Ginger Marinated Seared Sashimi
- Marinate the tuna for 45 minutes to an hour in the marinade (shoyu thru hot chilies).
- After marinating, place fish on a hot hibachi or barbecue grill, searing very quickly (about 10 seconds, or less) on all sides.
- Slice as thick or as thin as you like and arrange on an appetizer plate over a bed of shredded cabbage (won bok, head cabbage, purple cabbage, or your favorite sprouts).
- Garnish with black sesame seeds and serve with the following dipping sauce.
- Dipping Sauce:
In a blender, combine all of the sauce ingredients. Blend for 30 seconds, then adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper to taste. (Do not substitute with black pepper).
- Pour sauce into serving bowls or small individual dip containers and serve with sashimi.