Fried Olives with Aoli Dipping Sauce
- 3 jar(s)
- small pitted green olives (or fresh olives from an olive bar)
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 c
- plain bread crumbs
- 3 large
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 c
- hellmanns mayonnaise
- 3 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- juice of 2 medium lemons
AIOLI DIPPING SAUCE
How to Make Fried Olives with Aoli Dipping Sauce
- 1In a heavy bottomed pot heat an inch of vegetable oil until it reaches 325-350 degrees on a thermometer.
- 2While it is heating, set out the flour in a pie plate or shallow dish, and the breadcrumbs in another.
- 3Beat the eggs with 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl.
- 4Dredge the olives in the flour, and then into the beaten egg.
- 5Toss them into the breadcrumbs and make sure they get evenly coated.
- 6Fry the olives in the hot oil until they are golden, this will take about a minute and a half.
- 7do this in batches so the oil doesn’t cool down when you add the olives.
- 8Drain the olives on a paper towel, and serve hot.
- 9for the Aioli Dipping Sauce:
Mix together minced garlic, mayonnaise and lemon juice until smooth. Chill until ready to serve.