Fried Olives with Aoli Dipping Sauce
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 jar(s)small pitted green olives (or fresh olives from an olive bar)
1 1/2 cflour
1 1/2 cplain bread crumbs
·vegetable oil for frying
AIOLI DIPPING SAUCE
1 chellmanns mayonnaise
3 clovegarlic, finely minced
·juice of 2 medium lemons
How to Make Fried Olives with Aoli Dipping Sauce
- In a heavy bottomed pot heat an inch of vegetable oil until it reaches 325-350 degrees on a thermometer.
- While it is heating, set out the flour in a pie plate or shallow dish, and the breadcrumbs in another.
- Beat the eggs with 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl.
- Dredge the olives in the flour, and then into the beaten egg.
- Toss them into the breadcrumbs and make sure they get evenly coated.
- Fry the olives in the hot oil until they are golden, this will take about a minute and a half.
- do this in batches so the oil doesn’t cool down when you add the olives.
- Drain the olives on a paper towel, and serve hot.
- for the Aioli Dipping Sauce:
Mix together minced garlic, mayonnaise and lemon juice until smooth. Chill until ready to serve.