Crispy Potato Bites with Guacamole
I’ve combined two of everyone’s favorite party foods: potato skins and guacamole. In doing so, I created the ultimate appetizer. You think chips and guac are good? Just wait until you try these babies!
FOR THE GUACAMOLE
1/2yellow onion, chopped
1 can(s)ro-tel diced tomatoes & green chiles, drained
2 tspchopped garlic
2 tspfresh lemon or lime juice
FOR THE POTATO BITES
24 oz1.5 lb.) baby golden potatoes or baby red potatoes, halved lengthwise
1 Tbspolive oil
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Crispy Potato Bites with Guacamole
- FOR THE GUACAMOLE:
Slice each avocado in half. Use a large, sharp knife to stab the pit of the avocado and wriggle it out. Discard
- Scoop out the innards of the avocados into a medium mixing bowl & discard skins.
- In a large bowl use a large fork to mash up the avocado until creamy and smooth but still just a bit chunky.
- Add the onion, ¾ of the Ro-tel, the garlic, salt, and lemon juice to the bowl and mix everything together until evenly distributed.
- Garnish with remaining Ro-tel.
- FOR THE POTATO BITES:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread the potatoes on the tray in an even layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil then use your hands to rub them around the pan so they’re evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Let sit for 5 minutes then top with about 1 tbsp. guacamole each and serve immediately.