CHUY'S JALAPENO DIP (SAUCE)
- 1 qt
- 1 c
- 1 c
- fresh jalapenos (either seed/devein or leave whole)
- 1/2 bunch
- cilantro (must have for taste)
- 1 c
- tomatillo sauce (see instructions below)
- 3 oz
- dry ranch dressing mix (if in bulk 6 tbsp)
- limes juiced
- medium onion
- 1 tsp
- crushed garlic (or more depending on taste)
How to Make CHUY'S JALAPENO DIP (SAUCE)
- 1Tomatillo Sauce: I use up to 5 tomatillos, shucked and boiled for about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool for a few minutes.
- 2Add tomatillo sauce, chopped onion and garlic to blender. Add chopped fresh jalapenos, cilantro and blend well. You will need to add the buttermilk to help blend the above ingredients. Add mayonnaise, dry ranch dressing and juice of 3 limes.
- 3This won't fit in my blender so after blending the dry ingredients along w/some buttermilk and mayo. I put part of it in my big mixing bowl, continue to add to the blender the rest of ingredients. Add to mixing bowl and mix well.
- 4Depending on how hot you want the dip either take out the seeds and veins of the jalapenos, or leave them whole for most heat. I normally use 2 whole and 3 seeded, depending on the size of jalapenos.