Beer Cheese Brat Dip
- 1 lb
- venison bratwurst (i use jalapeno flavored).
- 1/2 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb
- velveeta (or equivalent) you can use more if you like.
- 1 c
- shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/2 can(s)
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
How to Make Beer Cheese Brat Dip
- 1First, let me say that the quantities above are not written in stone. Please adjust everything to your taste preference and use whatever kinds of cheeses you like the best, as long as they melt well.
- 2Remove the bratwurst from the casings and brown in a large skillet along with the chopped onion if you're using it.
- 3Drain meat and return to skillet. Turn heat to medium low and add cheese, mustard, spices and beer. Keep an eye on it and stir as needed - you don't want it to stick. Add more beer if dip seems too thick. Serve warm with hard pretzels, pita chips or tortilla chips.