Avocado Bean Dip
Milk is the single greatest source of three of the four nutrients the Dietary Guidelines identified as lacking in the American diet – calcium, vitamin D and potassium. Most kids don't get enough milk.
But, this grandma is crafty. Sneaky. I fit good food into our snacks. For instance, this dip is filled with greek yogurt, cottage cheese and avocado. Yes, you eat it with chips or pretzel crisps, but hey, there’s only so much I can control. If my grandkids are going to snack, why not balance it out. Compromise.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 can(s)(16oz) refried beans
2 tspcumin, divided
1 cplain greek yogurt
1 ccottage cheese
1 largeripe avocado
1 tspkosher salt
6cranks fresh black pepper
6 dash(es)tabasco sauce
1/4 cshredded colby-jack cheese
1/4 csliced black olives
How to Make Avocado Bean Dip
- Combine refried beans with 1 tsp cumin.
- Spread in the bottom of a pie plate.
- In food processor, combine greek yogurt, cottage cheese, avocado, 1 tsp cumin, salt, pepper and tabasco.
- Process for several minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add more salt, pepper and tabasco to taste at this point.
- Spread creamy avocado mixture on the refried beans.
- Top with shredded cheese and black olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips (or fresh vegetables).