★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbtomatillos, fresh
2 Tbspvegetable oil
2serrano chile peppers
1/2onion, finely chopped
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Tomatillo Sauce
- Soak tomatillos in bowl of cold water to loosen husks. Drain and peel off husks.
- Place tomatillos, onions, peppers, and garlic in saucepan with water to cover halfway. Bring to a boil until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer mixture to blender and blend to puree.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (do not substitute) in saucepan over medium heat. Add puree mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer for about 5 minutes.