★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- tomatillos, fresh
- 2 clove
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- serrano chile peppers
- onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Tomatillo Sauce
- 1Soak tomatillos in bowl of cold water to loosen husks. Drain and peel off husks.
- 2Place tomatillos, onions, peppers, and garlic in saucepan with water to cover halfway. Bring to a boil until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- 3Transfer mixture to blender and blend to puree.
- 4Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (do not substitute) in saucepan over medium heat. Add puree mixture.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer for about 5 minutes.