- 3 or 4
- medium sized cans of tomatillos or about 12 tomatillos, husked
- anaheim green chilis, roasted & peeled
- 1 or 2
- poblano or pasilla peppers, roasted & peeled
- 1 or 2
- serrano or jalapeno peppers, roasted & peeled, can do both
- 3 to 4
- green onions, coarsley chopped
- 1 medium
- onion, coarsley chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic whole
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- celery salt
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 sprig(s)
- cilantro, stems removed
How to Make Tomatillo Salsa
- 1Put your ingredients in the blender, set to puree or liquefy. Blend well.
- 3If you are canning, have jars and lids prepared in advance. Ladle quickly into jars, wiping rims and putting lids and rings on. Pressure cook at 15 lbs. pressure for 15 minutes.
- 4Pull out of pressure cooker, set on a towel in an area that is pretty airless, let sit and cool. Lids will ping when seal is made. This should be stored on a shelf in a cool, dry place. It should be good for 1 - 2 years. Changed it to 1 - 2 years, because I recently found that it is good longer than I thought. Make sure you put the date made on your lids, so that way you know what date you want to start watching it or hurry up and use it.