Tangy Tomatillo Sauce
- 1 lb
- fresh tomatillos, husked and washed or 2 (13 ounce) cans tomatillos, drained
- serrano chiles, stemmed
- 6 sprig(s)
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small
- yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 2 c
- broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable it's your choice)
- salt, to taste
How to Make Tangy Tomatillo Sauce
- 1In a medium saucepan add fresh tomatillos, chiles, and enough water to just cover.Lightly salt.
- 2Cook for 15 minutes and drain.
- 3For canned tomatillos, just drain.
- 4Place tomatillos, cilantro, onion and garlic in a blender or food processor.
- 5Process to almost smooth-leave a little texture.
- 6In a large saucepan heat the oil over medium high heat.When oil is hot add all the sauce at once, stirring constantly until darkened-about 5 minutes
- 7Add the broth, return to a boil and reduce heat to medium and simmer until thickened, around 10 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat, squeeze in fresh lime juice, stir again, taste and add salt if needed.