Tangy Tomatillo Sauce
1 lbfresh tomatillos, husked and washed or 2 (13 ounce) cans tomatillos, drained
3serrano chiles, stemmed
6 sprig(s)fresh cilantro, chopped
1 smallyellow onion, chopped
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 Tbspvegetable oil
2 cbroth (chicken, beef, or vegetable it's your choice)
·salt, to taste
How to Make Tangy Tomatillo Sauce
- In a medium saucepan add fresh tomatillos, chiles, and enough water to just cover.Lightly salt.
- Cook for 15 minutes and drain.
- For canned tomatillos, just drain.
- Place tomatillos, cilantro, onion and garlic in a blender or food processor.
- Process to almost smooth-leave a little texture.
- In a large saucepan heat the oil over medium high heat.When oil is hot add all the sauce at once, stirring constantly until darkened-about 5 minutes
- Add the broth, return to a boil and reduce heat to medium and simmer until thickened, around 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, squeeze in fresh lime juice, stir again, taste and add salt if needed.