Lite and Sweet Crisps with Fruit Salsa
but changed the toppings a bit and decided they would be really yummy with some fruit salsa. I like the following fruits and ingredients but fruit salsa can be made with your favorite fruits. This is so lite and so refreshing on a hot summer day!
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 4 tsp canola oil
- powdered sugar, cinnamon or cinnamon and sugar, or garlic salt for dusting
- strawberries (cut in small pieces)
- mango (cut in small pieces)
- black raspberries (cut in half if too large)
- kiwi (cut in small pieces)
- blueberries, fresh
- pineapple fresh or canned (drained and in small pieces)
- granulated or powdered sugar (both add their own distinct flavor)
- shredded coconut
FRUIT SALSA (USE THIS IF YOU MAKE THE CRISPS WITH CINNAMON)
How to Make Lite and Sweet Crisps with Fruit Salsa
- 1Fruit Salsa: Toss together strawberries, mango, kiwi, and pineapple. Add sugar enough to just cover fruit and make a nice syrup when it dissolves. Add a few squeezes of lime juice.
- 2Now gently toss in the blueberries and black raspberries. And put in frig to chill.
- 3Preheat oven to 375
- 4Crisps: Slice wonton wrappers in half diagonally. Then toss in bowl with oil and be sure to seperate them and make sure all are coated,
- 5Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray and put the wontons on it. Place in oven and bake about ten minutes or until crisp and golden.
- 6Dust with your favorite topping and serve with fruit salsa if desired. (Before serving fruit salsa sprinkle the coconut over the top of it)