James Kim's Salsa
Brenda Vander Zanden
two-28 ozcans whole peeled tomatoes
3/4 bunchcilantro, fresh
1/2 largesweet onion
5serrano chile peppers
2-3 tspsalt - depending on taste
How to Make James Kim's Salsa
- Bring 2C water to boil in microwave. Place serrano peppers in hot water for 30 seconds. Discard water. Cut away the stems of the peppers and discard.
- Drain whole peeled tomatoes. Pull Cilantro leaves off their stems and use only the leaves.
- Place all ingredients in the food processor. Mix together until liquified.
- Transfer to storage container and refrigerate overnight. The next day it's ready to eat.
- Heat can be controlled by removing seeds and membranes from peppers. Serranos can vary in heat, so I sometimes add 1 jalepeno pepper for good measure.