HOMEMADE TOMATO PASTE BY EDDIE
How to Make HOMEMADE TOMATO PASTE BY EDDIE
- Put the tomatoes in boiling water for 5 - 10 seconds. Place directly into ice water. Make thin slices around the diameter of tomato, this should allow for easy peeling.
- Combine all the diced tomatoes, peppers, jalapeno, salt, pepper, and chopped garlic into a stock pot add 1 bay leaf cook on low heat foe 1 hour uncovered.
- Remove bay leaf. Press the mixture through a strainer or sieve back into the pot.
- Add second bay leaf, continue to cook mixture uncovered on low heat for about 2 - 3 hours stirring often to prevent burning. When it's thick enough it should mound on spoon and have no runny consistency.
- Remove bay leaf. Measure out into jars about 2 cups per jar.
- If you are canning utilize the boiling water method.
- NOTE: 45 Minutes in boiling water bath or 20 minutes at 20 pounds psi. in a pressure cooker.