Cin made "Banana Salsa Bread"
Well, I made it and let me tell you, it was gobbled up so fast I barely got to get some pix and a taste for myself. If I was guessing, I'm guessing they like it.
AS IT WAS BAKING IT SMELLED A LITTLE LIKE TOASTED BANANA BREAD.
IT REMINDS ME A BIT OF THE "TOMATO SOUP CAKE", ONLY DOESN'T HAVE THE SPICES IN
IT...ALTHOUGH NEXT TIME I MAKE IT I'M GOING TO TRY ADDING SOME TO IT.
ALSO I WILL MAKE MORE OF THE MINI LOAF SIZE.
I LIKE THEM AS THEY ARE A GOOD SIZE TO USE FOR 'GIVE AWAYS' (PRESENTS)....TRY IT AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK.
I'm glad I did get a few pix before it was all gone, hope you enjoy.
1/2 cbutter, softened (or 1-cup margarine)-i used butter
3 mediumripe bananas, mashed
1 cthick & chunky salsa (i used mild...use what you like)
2 call-purpose flour and
1 tspbaking soda
·(i added 1 cup of broken pecan nuts)..that's right, i just can't stick to a recipe
·vegetable cooking spray
How to Make Cin made "Banana Salsa Bread"
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 9"x5"x3" loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- BEAT butter and sugar until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed.
- ADD bananas, salsa and eggs and mix well.
- ADD flour and baking soda and mix well.
- POUR mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- BAKE 1 hr. or until done.
Cool in pan on wire rack 15 min.
Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
Makes 1 loaf.
- WELL THIS IS A KEEPER!!! IT IS SOOOOO MOIST.
IT MADE 1-MINI LOAF AND 1-BREAD LOAF SIZE
IF I'D USED MY LARGER LOAF PAN I GUESS I COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT ALL IN THE ONE...but, I didn't want to.
I TOOK THE MINI LOAF OUT AFTER 30 MIN'S OF BAKING, IT WAS DONE BEING SO SMALL.
THE LARGER SIZE LOAF TOOK A BIT OVER THE 1-HR THAT WAS SUGGESTED, (about 8 to 10 min's more).
Check it though, most ovens bake a bit different.
- P.S. WE EAT THIS JUST LIKE EATING REGULAR BANANA BREAD.
(PHOTOS ARE MINE: CinStraw)