Black Bean, Corn, and Tomato Relish
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
America and the Caribbean. Use freshly roasted sweet corn for best
results, but canned or frozen corn can be used during those times when
fresh corn is unavailable.
3ears fresh sweet corn (or 1 cup frozen corn)
1 15-oz can(s)black beans, drained
2tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2scallions, finely chopped
3 Tbspolive oil
1 Tbspred wine vinegar
·salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
How to Make Black Bean, Corn, and Tomato Relish
- Carefully peel back the corn husks and remove the "silk" from inside. Soak the corn in a large bowl of cold water for 30 minutes. Drain the corn and pat dry.
- Rub the butter over the corn kernels and fold the corn husks back into place around the cob.
- Grill over hot coals or under a preheated broiler for 15 to 20 minutes, turning about every 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool, peel the husks and cut the corn off the cobs. Combine with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.