Black Bean, Corn, and Tomato Relish
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
America and the Caribbean. Use freshly roasted sweet corn for best
results, but canned or frozen corn can be used during those times when
fresh corn is unavailable.
- ears fresh sweet corn (or 1 cup frozen corn)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 15-oz can(s)
- black beans, drained
- tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- scallions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
How to Make Black Bean, Corn, and Tomato Relish
- 1Carefully peel back the corn husks and remove the "silk" from inside. Soak the corn in a large bowl of cold water for 30 minutes. Drain the corn and pat dry.
- 2Rub the butter over the corn kernels and fold the corn husks back into place around the cob.
- 3Grill over hot coals or under a preheated broiler for 15 to 20 minutes, turning about every 5 minutes.
- 4Allow to cool, peel the husks and cut the corn off the cobs. Combine with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- 5Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.