- 3 large
- flour tortillas
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 medium
- granny smith apples, diced
- 1 c
- strawberries, hulled and diced
- kiwi fruit, peeled and diced
- 1 small
- 2 Tbsp
- light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- apple jelly
How to Make Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
- 1Preheat oven to 475 F. Brush tortillas with water, using a pastry brush. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut tortillas into eight wedges each, using kitchen shears or a sharp knife. Place wedges on a cookie sheet or stone. Bake 5 -7 minutes, until golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack.
- 2Meanwhile, peel, core and slice apples, and dice them finely. Hull strawberries and kiwi; dice both. Zest orange [use all the zest, but don't go in as deep as the pith, as it can be bitter]. Juice orange.
Combine prepared fruit, orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar and apple jelly in a mixing bowl. Mix well, and allow to sit in the refrigerator, covered, for at least a 1/2 hour, so flavors will blend.
Serve fruit salsa with cinnamon chips.
*Note: I have also used cinnamon graham crackers in place of the tortilla cinnamon chips, if I'm in a hurry. They're great.