How to Make Addictive Fresh Salsa
- Dice Romas into tiny pieces and put in big bowl and sprinkle with Kosher Salt and mix. (If you like less liquid in your salsa then put Romas in colander and let them drain)
- In chopper, chop together Shallots, Garlic, and Cilantro. You can use less cilantro if you don't like that much or more than 1 bunch depending on amount of tomatoes to make it more of a spanish flavor.
- Mix chopper ingredients into Roma's and add the package of Sweet and Low.
- At this point, taste test from here on when you add the Cumin, Black Pepper and the juice of 1/2 lime.
- You can change the flavors by how much spice you do or don't add. If I want more garlic flavor, I add more cloves. If I want more of a middle eastern flavor I will add more Cumin (Be careful with the amount of Cumin and Kosher Salt, too much of each one at the same time and it will be too salty.
- Cover with saran wrap and let sit at room temp for an hour for the flavors to mix, then refrigerate.
I am asked for this all the time and it goes really well on top fish, beef, chicken as well as just salsa and chips.
- Enjoy and Ole'