VANILLA Homemade By Freda
Found this while Searching thru my recipes. Its fantastic. so easy to Make and so much better than Store-Bought. This is the real McCoy!
Makes 48 teaspoon/ 1 cup of "REAL Vanilla Flavoring".
Takes no time to make.
and on week to furment.
Stores well for at least a Year in a sealed botte ifit lasts this long..
Gret Idea to make for Gifts or a Houswarming gift. . . on the cheap.
How to Make VANILLA Homemade By Freda
- 1Vanilla beans are $1.00 ea. You can use the Small bottles of Vodka, like the sizes they have on aiplanes.(since your only using 1 Cup of Vodka)
Averages @ 5 cents per teaspoon serving.
- 2Split Vanilla Beans in 1/2 Lengthwise.
Scrape the seeds from the beans using a knife, and place both the seeds and the Beans in a glass jar with Lid.
- 3Warm the Vodka to 100- 120 degrees.
Pour Warme Vodka over the beans in the Glass Jar. Allow to Cool to room temp. Once Cooled seal the jar.
- 4Store @ room-temp. for one week.
Shake the Jar well every day.
At theend of one week, Strain the Mixture, store in a sealed Container or Bottle.
- 5Vanilla Flavoring will keep for one year, But chanes are It won't last this long.
Makes 48 one teaspoon servings