UNBELIEVABLE CUCUMBER RELISH
4 ccucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped into 1/4 inch chunks
2 cred bell peppers, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
2 cgreen bell peppers chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1 1/2 cfresh celery stalks, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
1 1/2 conion, peeled and chopped
2 c5% vinegar
2 Tbspcelery seed
2 Tbspmustard seed
NOTE: COVER CHOPPED VEGETABLES WITH 1/4 CUP SALT !! (WILL EXPLAIN IN DIRECTIONS)
How to Make UNBELIEVABLE CUCUMBER RELISH
- Mix all prepared vegetables together in a large stainless steel pot. Sprinkle 1/4 cup salt over mixture; cover with cold water, let stand at room temperature 4 hours.
- Drain vegetables real well. Set aside.
- Mix 3 cups sugar, 2 cups vinegar, 2 Tbsp celery seed, and 2 Tbsp mustard seed, stir to mix well. Bring mixture to a boil in medium size sauce pan on medium/high heat, when it reaches a boiling point, remove from heat.
- With drained, chopped vegetables back in large stainless pot, pour vinegar/ sugar mixture over vegetables, gently mix well.
- Place mixture back on medium high heat, watch closely, when the mixture gets HOT, turn heat down to simmer and cook 10 minutes,
- Have pint or half-pint glass jars sterlized and in oven on 200 degrees. Place canning rings and canning flats in boiling water on medium/ low heat. Remove one jar at a time from oven with pot holder. Place on a plate, and put canning funnel in jar. Fill to 1/4 inch of top of jar. Place canning flat on jar and close with canning ring snuggly tight. Place on a folded towel to cool and seal. A popping noise means the flat has sealed. Leave on towel 24 hours before storing in pantry. Wait 10 days before opening.
- NOTE: When filling jars, equaly cover relish with HOT vinegar liquid.