Tomato Basil Sauce
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 clovesgarlic-chopped finely
1- 14 oz. can(s)tomatoes- i use plum, peeled
8fresh basil leaves-shredded
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Tomato Basil Sauce
- heat the oil in a heavy-bottom pan.
- add the shallots, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes,til softened
- add all the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- add the tomatoes, juice and all, and break them up with wooden spoon.
- stir in the sugar and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened.
- stir in the basil leaves and simmer about 10 more minutes. Then serve and enjoy!