Tomato Basil Sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- shallots-chopped finely
- 2 cloves
- garlic-chopped finely
- 1- 14 oz. can(s)
- tomatoes- i use plum, peeled
- 1 tsp
- fresh basil leaves-shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1heat the oil in a heavy-bottom pan.
- 2add the shallots, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes,til softened
- 3add all the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- 4add the tomatoes, juice and all, and break them up with wooden spoon.
- 5stir in the sugar and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- 6bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened.
- 7stir in the basil leaves and simmer about 10 more minutes. Then serve and enjoy!