Sage Mushroom Sauce
The picture I've included is that particular entree (as I don't have one of just the sauce).
1/2 ozdried mushrooms*
1 1/2 cboiling water*
2 Tbspolive oil
2 ozchopped shallots
2 Tbspfresh chopped sage
8 ozfresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cheavy cream
2 Tbspfresh chopped parsley
·fresh ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Sage Mushroom Sauce
- *Place the dried mushrooms & boiling water in a medium bowl; soak for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Drain the mushrooms, reserving the liquid. Squeeze mushrooms to remove all excess water.
- In a medium saucepan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute for 30 seconds. Add the sherry and flame.
- Add the sage and all of the mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes; add the reserved mushroom liquid. Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the cream, salt & pepper. Simmer until the sauce begins to thicken. Stir in the parsley & serve.